Friday, November 4, 2011

Creamy Tomato-Pesto Soup

We loved this soup.  I have another tomato soup recipe that I like better, but this was really delicious -- and EASY.

Creamy Tomato-Pesto Soup
1 can Campbell's Tomato Soup
1 can skim milk
1 can petite diced tomatoes, drained
2 Tbsp. pesto (I bought mine from the refrigerated section at the grocery store)
Freshly grated parmesan cheese (again, purchased mine from the refrigerated section already shredded)
Herb croutons (I omitted these)

Heat soup with milk and diced tomatoes.  Stir in pesto.  Sprinkle with parmesan and croutons.

This tasted fancier than its ingredients would let on.  Again, my kids enjoyed this, although next time, I'll probably do some pureeing with my immersion blender -- I wasn't a huge fan of the chunks of tomato and they were a bit of a deterrent to my children, as well.  Great soup, though...

No comments:

Post a Comment